ANOLYTE USAGE IN WATER SYSTEMS
Drawing of a typical Envirolyte water disinfecting system (EWDS)
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Every Envirolyte water disinfecting system consists of:
Envirolyte Machine (one or more)
Anolyte and Salt (NaCl) solution container
Dosing pump(s) that are controlled by a Free Available Chlorine (FAC) or ORP controller & sensors
Anolyte is produced by an Envirolyte unit, it is stored in a container and then drawn through a dosing pump and discharged into the incoming water supply (see above).
The dosing regime depends on the water flow volume and the quality (properties) of the source water, it can be controlled by a pulsed water flow meter or either a FAC/ORP controller and sensor, which is connected to the dosing pump.
How is disinfection achieved?
An aqueous solution of NaCl (brine) is electrochemically activated inside the cell within the Envirolyte machine, it produces a powerful, non-toxic, non-hazardous disinfectant called Anolyte ANK, it is the disinfecting agent for any EWDS application.
Anolyte is a colourless transparent liquid with a slight chlorine smell. It contains various mixed oxidants predominantly hypochlorous acid, which gives Anolyte a highly bactericidal and sporicidal activity.
Anolyte parameters are as follows:
It has a pH between 2.0 to 8.5, typically we would produce Anolyte ANK within our Neutral pH band of 6 to 7.5, the concentration (general) of active chlorine, is typically produced at a strength of 500 to 700 mg/l. Our HD or bespoke designed machines can produce 1000 to 8000 mg/l of Anolyte.
A very high oxidant activity with low (hundreds parts of percentage) concentrations of working substances that do not affect other chemical structures and vital characteristics of the treated water and do not form any toxic compounds.
THE BENEFITS OF ENVIROLYTE WATER DISINFECTING SYSTEMS:
Due to a very low concentration of active chlorine;
- Anolyte diluted in the water does not result in any toxicity effects, or forms any toxic by-products.
- Anolyte penetrates tiny pores of the water pipes or any other material, to disinfect the surfaces.
- Anolyte eliminates biofilm and algae from the distribution system.
- Water pipes and equipment don't have to be rinsed with water after any disinfection process.
- Anolyte doesn't affect the original, natural properties of the water.
- Anolyte eliminates chlorine taste and odour, it improves the taste and odour that algae produce.
- Anolyte can be stored and kept for other uses when the necessity arises.
- Easy dosing systems can be used.
- A High level of safety is maintained: there are no hazardous chemicals produced or used.
Envirolyte systems and generated solutions (anolyte and catholyte) have been put through extensive series of independent tests and on-site trials including hospitals, breweries, water systems and agricultural environments.
Being environmentally friendly, completely safe, non-toxic and non-irritant Anolyte is welcome where traditional chemicals fail to produce the desired results or can't be applied at all.
The conclusions prove that Anolyte being a low-cost and powerful disinfectant is set to become the preferred solution for many sterilisation, disinfecting and water purification procedures.